Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stretched and Strained

We had our first two days of teaching and my mind feels like its going to explode. I'd always thought that I had an extensive knowledge of the Bible compared to most, and perhaps I do, but the truth is, the more I know, the more I discover there is to know. The vastness of my God is unfathomable. The first Bar N Bus night was like nothing I've ever experienced before. I mean these kids genuinly wanted me to pray for them. They weren't like American kids who are just so fed up with Christianity, or who are all "christians" whether or not they know what that means. These kids listened intently to what I said and prayed and were excited to meet me. Its been crazy here, feels like I've known everyone for months or years. I prayed so long for friends, for a real community, and now that I have it I'm just so overwhelmed. Its amazing. I could not have asked God for better people to spend this journey with. I'm os far out of my comfort zone, but I love it. I love knowing that God is going to change me so much more than I could possibly imagine because I'm not in my normal place. I can already see people that He wants me to spend time with and encourage, I just can't wait to see the transformation take place. Thats the cool thing about being in a small community. You can really see the changes take place. The things that happen over the next ten months will actually have an effect that I can see. There is so much gunk in me, and I know that God is going to slowly errode all of that. I hope that when I return ten months from now, you won't even recognise me because I have become so wholly immersed in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment