Saturday, September 5, 2009

Customs was a nightmare!

Well I made it safely into the UK after a 25 hour journey. My flight went pretty smoothly and I met a nice girl from Monterrey, Mexico on my flight names Karla. She helped me out with the odds ands of flying and getting to customs, since she goes to school in London and makes the trip several times a year. But when I got into customs into was as easy as I had thought to get in. My letter from Phil stating my address confused the guy questioning me, and then he started asking me all kinds of questions about the people I would be staying with that I really didn't know the answer too. Then he detained me so I had to go through the whole fingerprinting, photograph, interrogation process. I was in there for four hours and needless to say I was FREAKING out. I didn't know if the Biddles(who picked me up) knew where I was. Thankfully, Karla who I met earlier found them and told them they were detaining me, so they at least knew to begin praying. I was in there with four other Americans, all being held for stupid reasons, so that confused me, I thought we had good relations with the UK... But after a lot of talking and PRAYER, God got me through. They interviewed Anne, Kate, Emma, and Phil before they would let me out and all of them matched which was a miracle in itself. So now I'm here in the Boiler house and I've had my first cuppa tea and a hot shower and I'm loving all the people I've met. They are all so warm and friendly. I think I'm going to enjoy my stay here quite well :)
Pictures to come.
Love yall,
Shirelle

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really great to hear you made it there safely! I'm glad the flight at least went well...I always liked flying alone. I flew to London by myself last year enroute to Amsterdam and it was pretty cool. But customs, wow...I had no idea it was that bad! When I went they let me right through, didn't even check my passport. That must have been a pretty crazy process. Needless to say I'm praying you have a great time and everything goes smoothly! --jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jonathan! Yeah it was stressful, but needless to say I'm glad to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetheart,
    I am so glad this ordeal is behind you and you can relax and enjoy the fellowship around you. Please give Anna a big thanks from me. Knowing she was there looking out for you and praying for you was a huge relief. I love you!
    OXOXOXO,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete