Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I have been blessed. I am blessed. I will continue to be blessed.

I have spent many years in trials. I struggled with depression and anorexia. I spent my senior year with my hair falling out, on an emotional Grave's Disease roller coaster losing my memory and sleeping. Coming home from England was a season of loneliness and my first year of college I got Celiac's and fibromyalgia. Pain is something that has become ordinary for me. I have become accustomed to learning about who God is through trial. I see each new set of hurtles as a time of refinement. But God has given me a beautiful word. He said "Shirelle, this is a season of blessings!"

So I'm claiming the blessings. I recently watched a movie called "Thank you, More Please." Now the acting in the movie was sub-par and the plot was just so-so, but there is a scene in it, in which the girl describes the moment when her life changed, when she learned to thank someone for blessing them, and then to ask for more. And I don't know how that works with the rest of the world, but what I do know, is that is exactly how God wants me to respond to his gracious gifts. So Jesus, Thank you, more please!

I'm ready to learn about who Jesus is in this new context. I believe I will have greater revelation of Jesus than in any other season of my life. I have been refined in pain, and now I will be refined in blessings!

Just this week I have been so blessed! My friend Liz sent me an iphone and now I can actually talk to my family! My sister gave me 5 new bags of clothes on a day when I was not feeling pretty, and i've gotten to wear new clothes every day, and bless my roommates with clothes. Multiple friends have let me drive their cars, paid for coffee, made me food and loved on me through my crazy test week.

I am a beloved daughter of the most high king. And I'm so very grateful to all those who are walking through this season with me. I pray that each of you would more fully know who Jesus is because of the revelations and blessings he gives you this year!

2 comments:

  1. Love you :-) Glad we're roomies!

    - chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Relly. So much more than you could ever know.

    ReplyDelete