Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hot pink umbrellas

I'm experiencing my first week of awful English weather... it really is as awful as everyone says. Apparently the changes in air pressure can cause headaches, which has become very apparent to me! So its been a bit of a frustrating week, what with this cold I can't seem to shake and the headaches, but at the same time God has been amazing. I went for a walk the other day in an attempt to shake the frustration that seemed to be looming. And I just starting to sing and cry out to God, but my body was just filled with despair, and everywhere I looked was gray and gloomy and sadness. My heart was so heavy. I began to cry, and ask God why He brought me here to this place, Lord how can I be used here, I said, how do you use someone so inadequate, so filled riddled with depression? Then in the midst of all this dreariness I looked up and saw a school girl with a hot pink umbrella and a daisy yellow scarf. And it was like God was saying its ok, I'll provide for you, even if that provision is a little bit of color. And I smiled. My tear streaked face felt the glow of Christ's love. It was such a precious moment of truth. Just to know that He cares for the small needs. I am so blessed. So blessed to have been called to this place, so blessed with an awesome community of believers that surround me daily, and truly care about me, and so blessed to get to serve a community of people who need Jesus. Who knows where God will call me after this, but the awesome thing is that wherever that is, I know He will protect me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Relli,
    I will be praying for your time with the girls, at the school for your Sundayschool lesson, and for little bits of sunshine to break through. I love you sweetheart!
    Momma

    I got that Joy joy joy joy dowm in my heart! Down in my heart to stay!!!

    ReplyDelete